Flowers cold room is designed in a specific manner to keep the temperature and humidity at the appropriate level so that products can be maintained fresh and petals of the flowers stay fresh and good looking. To keep the petals of the flowers fresh and in good condition, air flow is controlled properly.
1, Important aspects for flower cooling and flower cold storage.
(1) Sufficient capacity of the cooling installation to get the flower shipment at the ideal temperature quickly.
(2) A humidity level that is low enough to avoid fungus and diseases, but not so low that the flowers get dehydrated.
(3) A good air distribution: literally around every flower the so-called microclimate should be right. One should therefore not save money on cooling capacity and the size and quantity of coolers.
2, Flower storage room conditions
Temperature control is one of the main factors to assist with long-lasting flowers. Most of the flowers stored at 0-2 °C to avoid danger of more freezing and High Relative Humidity such as 90-95% is recommended for flower in refrigerated storage.
Most of the flowers and greens keep best and longer time if packed dry, without water,in containers which prevent moisture loss and stored at 0-2 °C, we should keep the cut flowers in refrigerated rooms to prevent loss
and should not store flower less than 0 °C to prevent chilling injury.
Most of the flowers re-hydration by using water at 38-43 °C and hold at 4.4 °C, pH is 3.5 is the best for re-hydration for the period of 4-18 hours. Containers should be placed to allow good air conditioning.
3, The best flower cooling: Fast cooling down and keeping cold.
When the flowers come off the field, fast cooling down is crucial. After all, as soon as the stem has been cut, the supply of water and nutrition is stopped and the decay starts. To extend the vase life to a maximum, we want to reduce the metabolism of the flower as quickly as possible. This can be done with vacuum cooling or a pre-cool wall. Vacuum cooling removes the field heat from the flower within 15 minutes, a pre-cool wall takes several hours.
After this step, it would make sense to keep the flowers chilled and hence it would be desirable to grade them (sort and wrap) in a cooled hall or flower chamber. These areas are normally somewhat warmer, as there are people working, but as long as the shifts are not too long this should be fine.
After processing, the flowers are stored in the chilled outgoing cold store until the moment of transport.
The advantages of Atlascool flower cooling
(1) Knowledge and experience in the flower market: we know how to extend the vase life of a flower.
(2) Plenty of experience in flower cooling: continuity and reliability at low cost. References in the floriculture branch: our experience ensures a good result.